This easy-to-use template includes marking guides for shaping a foam mold:
- drawing the centerline of a mold
- measuring and drawing the length, depth, and angle of the nose and tail
- determining the length and depth of concave
- multiple radius curve guides are useful for concave and other areas
- basic ruler and straight edge
Even comes with it’s own caliper pen!
Mold Master is available as a standard or metric guide, the pen is metric.
- One clear plastic template, 10"x6.5"x3", with L-Shape construction designed to fit Roarockit high density foam slabs.
- One novelty-grade ballpoint pen with working caliper feature
- Illustrated instructions
Lay the Mold Master against the foam slab and use the markings provided to draw the centerline, by inserting the pen and dragging it along the mold.
Measure the length, depth and angle of the proposed nose, tail, and concaves using the guides marked on the template.
Use the pen to draw lines, connect lines, measure angles and draw radius curves to guide you in shaping your foam slab into a custom skateboard/longboard mold.
For a detailed tutorial on using all the features built into the Mold Master, watch the video Marcel and Taryn have put together. (13 minutes)
Tips are included on the maintenance sheet included with the kit.
To ensure that your guide retains the see-through advantage, use only a ballpoint pen. Using markers will discolour the measure marks.
The Mold Master will break if undue pressure is applied, especially in a cold environment.
Store the Mold Master in its original packaging to prevent breakage.
Q: Who thought this up?
A: The concept for the Mold Master originated with our www.roarockit.EU partners, Sarah and Nico. They recognized there was a need for this tool for their board-building customers.
Q: Who is Taryn O’Grady?
A: A graduate of OCAD U, Taryn is part of our design team. Together with Ted Hunter and Greg Seljak, Taryn designed and created this product.