Easy to teach, easy to learn, a win-win for students and teachers.
Teachers now building skateboard decks in class report that:
Students build a laminated maple veneer deck which they can be proud to display as an art project, or eventually use as transportation or exercise. Hardware does not need to be a part of this project, keeping costs and liability issues to a minimum.
- attendance levels are up
- students are focused, attentive and apply themselves to complete their decks
- At-Risk, Over/Under achievers easily grasp the learning concepts and excel
- teamwork and mentorship occur naturally during the build process
- students discover hand work skills they didn’t know they had
- the program provides great flexibility to include required learning
- students relate well to skateboards and its counter-culture aspects
- it is a great opportunity to involve their immediate and outside community
- it can be a self-supporting program for materials
- is a great fund-raising program
Roarockit skateboard deck builds do not require the use of power tools and can be done in any classroom or even outdoors. No harmful glues, paints or coatings need to be used. Maple Veneer is 100% Canadian, and Kit parts are 99% North American made!
Skateboard Deck Building works for:
At-Risk Youth - After School - Practical Arts - Incentive / Rewards - Environmental Projects - - Shop Class – Technical Construction – Math, Science and Physics - Art and Design - Youth Outreach - Mentorship - Summer Camp – Skate Park and Store related events - School and Community Fundraisers
/ NEXT >>